5 Valentine’s Day Cocktail Ideas – Valentine’s Day is a special occasion to celebrate love and romance and what better way to do so than by mixing up some delicious cocktails with your significant other?
Whether you’re planning a cozy night in or a romantic dinner date for two, these Valentine’s Day cocktail ideas are sure to add an extra touch of magic to your evening.
Instead of sipping bland alcoholic drinks during sates, cocktails allow you to be more detailed and expressive in describing your intentions via spirits. From classic favourites to creative concoctions, let’s explore some perfect Valentine’s Day cocktail ideas for couples to enjoy together on Valentine’s Day.
Perfect Valentine’s Cocktail Ideas for Your Dates
1.Red Wine Slush –Valentine’s Day Cocktail Ideas
This is a refreshing cocktail that combines red wine and so many flavours from the frozen slush of berries which makes it perfectly soothing for the hotness you and your bae would be exuding.
The beautiful colour derived from the mix of these fruits and wine makes this cocktail a perfect one for the Valentine’s mood. This cocktail is a creative way to enjoy a glass of wine and it is open to taste preference as you can tweak the recipe however you would desire it to be.
- Frozen mixed berries (Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberry
- Nederburg Red Wine
- Triple Sec Citrus-flavoured liqeur
- Vodka (Absolut or Smirnoff X1)
- Put your frozen mixed berries, red wine, Triple Sec Liqeur and vodka in appropriate proportions into the blender and blend until you get an almost smooth texture
- Pour the mix from the blender into a sieve to get the seeds out, then put into a fridge to freeze the mixture
- Once it is frozen, cut out the frozen mix into a cocktail glass, and add some toppings of mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries and strawberries) to achieve the desired result above.
2: Baileys Infused Smoothie -Valentine’s Day Cocktail Ideas
This is one of the top 5 Valentine’s Day cocktail ideas to try. This cocktail consists of the sweet flavours of the naturally sweetened fruits used in this cocktail mix.
The use of the Crème liqeur, it gives a classy touch of alcohol to the regular smoothie and a creamy taste to it. This gives the occasion a sweet moment with some spice to it. Certainly a cocktail perfect for Valentine’s Day.
- 3 Bananas
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 2 sliced apples
- Sliced pineapple
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 350ml Baileys Delight
- Ice cubes
3. Sangria Magarita – Valentine’s Day Cocktail Ideas
This is an enjoyable cocktail that merges the flavours of a wine and the citrus contents of Magarita to give a colourful and richly-flavoured cocktail; just perfect for the occasion! Adding Tequila to the mix sets the occasion in the right loving mood for you and your bae. *wink wink*
• Wine (Clarendelle Bordeaux Wine)
• Orange juice
• Vodka (Ciroc Red Berry) – Optional
• Limeade Concentrate
• Tequila (Olmeca)
• Triple Sec citrus flavoured liqeur
• Ice cubes
– Pour your wine into a cube tray and insert it into the freezer to freeze up
– Put frozen wine cubes into the blender, add Triple Sec Liqeur, Ciroc red berry vodka, lime juice and orange juice
– Rim the edge of the glasses with salt as desired
– Pour blended mix into a wine glass.
– In a clean blender, put ice cubes, limeade concentrate, shots of Tequila and blend into a mix.
– Pour the blended mix into the initial wine glass to form a mixture with the blended wine cubes.
– Slice some lemons to serve as glass toppings and enjoy!
4. Pink Frozen Lemonade – Valentine’s Day Cocktail Ideas
This cocktail certainly gives “Barbie” due to its brightly coloured appearance that comes with a touch of yellow. Was there ever a situation of turning lemons into lemonades in your romantic journey? Then you should definitely opt for this cocktail for your Valentine’s date because of its beautiful ingredients with the right colourful alcohol to the mix.
• Gin – Gordons Pink berry
• Ice cubes
• Pink Lemonade
- Put ice cubes into a blender.
- Pour lemonade, pink lemonade and Gordon’s Pink berry into the blender and blend into a mix.
- Slice lemons and place them inside a glass, then pour your blended mix into the glass and enjoy!
5. Strawberry Hennessy Cocktail – Valentine’s Day Cocktail Ideas
If you are a cognac person, then this cocktail should be jumped on. Hennessy is a type of cognac which is of high quality that screams class. This cocktail gives a proper blend of strawberries via the flavour, sweetness and fruity taste of strawberries and lemons.
As Valentine’s preaches a touch of red, lemons also give a touch of yellow to the pink cocktail. Find me another perfect cocktail for Valentine’s and I will wait.
• Ice cubes
• Strawberry Syrup
• Strawberry lemonade
• Slice up your strawberry and lemon fruits
• Put ice cubes into a glass
• Pour your Hennessy, strawberry syrup, and strawberry lemonade into a mixing cup and mix the content together
• Pour the mix into a cup and add the slices of strawberries and lemons.
• Serve and enjoy!
There you have it! 5 perfect Valentine’s Day Cocktail ideas for Feb. 14. If you’re standing on the Valentine’s business, you shall be innovative with your dates this beautiful lovey-dovey season! If you do not have a partner, hmnnn…try and get one now to avoid sitting at home, lonely!