Tequila is an extremely versatile ingredient for making cocktails; after all, margaritas wouldn’t be extremely popular without it. If you’re looking to spice things up and you have a bottle to spare, here are some cocktails that are easy to make:
Places you can get Tequila in Lagos
Sours are three parts: liquor, citrus, and sweetener; most sours are whisky based. A Tequila sour is cousins with the margarita, minus egg foam and bitters. What you need:
- Lime juice
- Lemon juice
- Agave syrup or simple syrup
- Angostura bitters
- Egg white
How to make a Tequila Sour (basic steps)
The tequila sour is made like any classic sour cocktail. Because it has white egg foam, it has an extra step to make the foam topping. Here are the basic steps (or jump to the recipe):
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Shake for 15 seconds without ice.
- Add ice to the cocktail shaker and shake again for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a glass and garnish. It’s classic to garnish a sour with a cocktail cherry: though it’s not required, we like doing it for a little flair.
Ranch water is a Texas-style tequila highball drink made with lime, tequila, and Topo Chico! This bubbly cocktail is all about cooling off on hot days. What you need:
- Lime juice
- Topo Chico mineral water
How to make a Ranch Water (basic steps)
There’s no science to Ranch Water! Because it was a word-of-mouth cocktail for so long, it’s more about vibe than anything. You can use as much lime, tequila, and soda water as you’d like. Keep those bubbles on hand to refresh your drink when you need it. Here’s the art to making Ranch Water:
- Place two shots of tequila in a glass (3 ounces).
- Mix in the juice of 1 lime (that’s about 1 ½ ounce).
- Fill the glass with ice and top it off with Topo Chico (about ½ cup).
The Mexican mule is a tequila-based spin on the classic Moscow mule: perhaps even better than the original! It’s crisp, bold and full of flavor. What you need:
- Lime juice
- Ginger beer
How to Make a Mexican Mule (basic steps)
The Mexican mule is one of the easiest cocktails you can make! Because you want to preserve the carbonation of the ginger beer, you don’t want to use a cocktail shaker. Here’s all you have to do to make a Mexican mule (or jump right to the recipe):
- Pour the tequila, lime juice, and ginger beer into a copper mug or serve a glass of your choice.
- Add ice cubes, and garnish with lime. It’s that easy!
The Siesta cocktail is a luxurious modern drink that pairs tequila, Campari, grapefruit, and lime. Count us as believers! What you need:
How to make a Siesta Cocktail (basic steps)
The Siesta cocktail is beyond easy to make. Once you’ve compiled the ingredients, all you’ll need is a cocktail shaker. Here’s what to do:
- Shake: Add the ingredients to a cocktail shaker. Fill it with ice and then shake it until very cold. (Don’t have a cocktail shaker? Use a mason jar with a cover instead.)
- Strain: Strain the drink into a cocktail glass. (Don’t have a cocktail strainer? Use a fine-mesh strainer instead.)
- Garnish: If you’d like, add a citrus wedge for the garnish. That’s it!
Tequila and Coke
Tequila and Coke is one of the easiest tequila cocktails there is (aka the Batanga)! Here’s how to take this drink to the next level. What you need:
How to make a Tequila and Coke (basic steps)
- Optional: For a salt rim, cut a notch in a lime wedge, then run the lime around the rim of a glass. Dip the edge of the rim into a plate of salt.
- Add the tequila and ice to a glass and stir to combine.
- Top with the cola. Squeeze in the juice from the lime wedge (or the ½ ounce lime juice) and serve. Garnish with additional lime wedges or wheels if desired.