Sweet Alcoholic wines in Nigeria
Alcoholic beverages are one of the most consumed drinks in our country Nigeria. We have several varieties of them, ranging from beers to whiskey, wine, gin, rum, brandy and so many more. Sweet alcoholic wines in Nigeria are a thing and taste is a big factor in that. All of these drinks have their own very unique qualities that make you choose them over the other. This could be from distillation to packaging, taste, and more.
Today, we are going to talk about some of the sweet alcoholic wines we have that are very well affordable and well consumed. In Nigeria, we are known for our love for sweet taste in food and drinks. This is why sweet alcoholic wines are well consumed, especially at parties and when we dine.
The wines below are listed according to the types of wine in which they are –
- Sweet Red wines: Red wine is a type of wine made from dark-colored grape varieties. The actual color of the wine can range from intense violet, typical of young wines, through to brick red for mature wines and brown for older red wines. Red wines are fruity wines, some of the sweetest red wines that we have are Four Cousins Natural Sweet Red (75cl), Robertson Chapel Sweet Red 75cl, 4th Street Natural Sweet Red (75cl).
- Rosè wines: Rosé is not a specific type of grape — it’s simply a genre of wine, like reds and whites. While it’s produced similarly to other red wines, the time it ferments with grape skins is cut shorter. This reduced skin contact is what gives rosé its signature pink color. Some of the best rose wines that we have are Krone Night Nectar Rose Sparkling (75cl), Moët & Chandon Nectar Impérial Rosé, Veuve Clicquot Rose (75cl).
Buy your sweet alcoholic wine here
- White wines: White wine is a wine that is fermented without skin contact. The colour can be straw-yellow, yellow-green, or yellow-gold. It is produced by the alcoholic fermentation of the non-coloured pulp of grapes, which may have a skin of any colour. White wine has existed for at least 4000 years. some of the sweet white wines that we have are Carlo Rossi White (75cl), Nederburg The Winemasters Shiraz, Drostdy-Hof Extra Light (75cl), Chamdor Sparkling White Grape.
- Sparkling wines: Sparkling wine is a wine with significant levels of carbon dioxide in it, making it fizzy. While the phrase commonly refers to champagne, European Union countries legally reserve that term for products exclusively produced in the Champagne region of France. The best sparkling wines that we have are Haute Couture Brut (75cl), Moet & Chandon Ice Imperial (70cl).
- Ciders: Cider is an alcoholic beverage made from the fermented juice of apples. Some of the sweetest cider that we have in Nigeria are Savannah Ciders and Hunter Ciders.
These are sweet alcoholic wines that most Nigerian look out for when they go to parties or clubbing with their friends. In addition, it’s also the call to drink when you are on a date with your partner having dinner. “I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.” – W.C. Fields.
Ensure that you start each week with some of the best and affordable sweet wines. Celebrate love with red wine. Celebrate friendship with a sweet wine.
Visit barrels to order your favourite sweet alcoholic wine and get it delivered to you safely and quickly. Barrels have a wide collection of sweet and affordable wine for your consumption. Celebrate with a bottle of wine from barrels.ng